Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Front Porch Freshen Up!

Today I am sharing the quick way I freshened up our front porch.  I don't have a before photo so just imagine nothing, bare bones, zero cuteness, just a porch.  That's pretty much the way it looked. 

 It bothered me every time I came home so I checked out pinterest for some "small front porch" ideas.  I have also been attracted to the mossy initial letters that are popping up on blogs and in magazines. 

 I had a "P" left from a Christmas project.  It was very glittery but I decided to try it with some black fabric to "bring down the bling".  I grabbed the ladder I bought at goodwill a while back.  It was only $4.00 and was the natural wood color.  I painted it black and added the "P". 

Then moved some flowers from the yard to the top and called it a day!  Nothing too fancy, just a little something to welcome up the space.


I actually had all of these items on hand so today this freshen up cost me nothing, zero, zilch, nada, no buckaroos.  That's the kind of decorating I love most!

No comments:

Post a Comment