Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our Love Jars


As we gear up for Valentine's day at our house, I was happy to find this idea on the Better Homes and Gardens website.  I pinned it so I would not forget and we finally got it all set up tonight.  The original idea was more of a gift to give.  It was a jar filled with reasons why you love the recipient of the gift.  I liked that idea but decided that we would spin it a bit and make a jar for each family member (except Big Daddy and I are sharing).   For the next few days, we can add sweet reasons we love each other as they come to mind.  Sometimes I feel pressure in sitting down at one time to complete heartfelt notes to my loved ones.  However, if given a few days I can meditate on each person and all of the reasons I love them.  We sat the jars on our dining table and plan to share them on Tuesday evening. 

How will you love on your blessings this year?

Love is patient
Love is kind
Love does not envy or boast
Love is not proud or arrogant
Love is not rude
Love is not selfish
Love is not easily angered, and keeps no record of wrongs
Love bears all things
Love believes all things
Love hopes all things
Love endures all things
Love does not delight with evil, but rejoices with truth
Love NEVER ends

No comments:

Post a Comment